long-time calculation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23586] long-time calculation
  • From: hov at
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 18:12:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Please, answer the beginner's question.
I need to get the numeric value of an integral, so I defined all the
needed functions, set the limits of intergration and started the

All my previous experience with Mathematica 3.0(4.0) said that it works
reasonable time. But now...

Several hours have passed on Celeron-550 64 mb RAM, and the notebook is
still "Running". Kernel is alive and constantly changes it's allocated
memory size.

How can one guess whether this evaluation will take a day or several

How can one force it to run faster (maybe, lowering the accuracy)?

If that matters, the *.nb file is available as:

Best regards, Yar.

Sent via
Before you buy.