Global context Q

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25860] Global context Q
  • From: "Arturas Acus" <acus at itpa.lt>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 01:25:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Group

Recenly I wrote few functions generating unique
symbol names. Now I would like to put these
functions into package. The problem, however is
that symbols are generated in
the package context, so have long ugly names.
I would like that these symbols were generated into
global context.

The following seems work:

Begin[package context]
Begin [privte context]
functions without need of unique symbols
$Context="Global`"
functions that need unique symbols
f[a_]:=Unique[s]
End[]

But I believe there should be better solution.
If I try to change context locally it
don`t work:
f[a_]:=Block[{$Context="Global`"},Unique[s]]

Why?

Arturas Acus