Re: Problems with Random

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26052] Re: [mg26027] Problems with Random
  • From: "Mark Harder" <harderm at ucs.orst.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 23:08:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Michael-
    3 suggestions:
1.)    Try executing ?NormalDistribution, and Context[NormalDistribution],
to see if the package loaded correctly.
2.)    Instead of using Statistics`ContinuousDistributions`, try
Statistics`NormalDistribution`.  I know the book makes no distinction
between the NormalDistribution[] contained in these, but my Mathematica
4.0.2 executes your command without error in my running notebook in which I
loaded the latter package, although I have not tested it your way.
2.)    Try 50. instead of 50 -- since your error has something to do with
numerical type.
-mark