Re: PageWidth mystery

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26149] Re: PageWidth mystery
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:03:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

it was not clear that you are *not* working with the FrontEnd.
MakeBoxes[] is clearly useless in the commandline interace.
The FrontEnd interpret the boxes and typeset it.

The Kernel alone has no information about the width of characters
and can't make any use of boxes and new lines.

But you should be able to open a OutputStream[] and set the
PageWidth option and replace this option dynamical when you
write the data to this stream.

Regards
  Jens