Re: NDSolve : Stopping condition

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25451] Re: NDSolve : Stopping condition
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 02:44:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

roelb wrote:
> Hi,
> The default stoping conditions of NDSolve are :
> - max steps, or,
> - final time value reached.
> Is there a way to stop a running NDSolve simulation upon the value
> reached by a variable of the model?
> Something like that:
> NDSolve[{system, initialCondition},{x,y,z},{t,t0,tfinal},Stop->If[x[t]=0
> ]]

"StoppingTest is an option for NDSolve that can be used to stop the \
integration of the ode when a certain condition is found to be True. The
condition can evaluate to True/False only and should contain the
dependent \
and independent variables explicitly. This option cannot be used for
linear \
boundary value problems."