Advice?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25500] Advice?
  • From: "Blitzer" <drek1976 at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:50:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,
I'm new to Mathematica.

I want to plot a figure which looks like this:
1) in z-x plane, z=a(1-Abs[x]), a is a constant
2) This figure is to be multiplied by a pulse (which I can get using
"UnitStep" functions) in the x-y plane. This pulse is of say magnitude b, a
constant.

The final figure would look like a roof. I am able to plot one out using
Plot3D, limiting the ranges. However, I want this figure to be reproduced on
a 3D plane, with varying "a"s and "b"s. I am unable to do it, as I am not
able to "multiply" the pulse by the roof function, to get the dimensions I
want. As such, I cannot regurgitate the figure at varying positions.

Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Derek