- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25500] Advice?
- From: "Blitzer" <drek1976 at hotmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:50:20 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm new to Mathematica.
I want to plot a figure which looks like this:
1) in z-x plane, z=a(1-Abs[x]), a is a constant
2) This figure is to be multiplied by a pulse (which I can get using
"UnitStep" functions) in the x-y plane. This pulse is of say magnitude b, a
The final figure would look like a roof. I am able to plot one out using
Plot3D, limiting the ranges. However, I want this figure to be reproduced on
a 3D plane, with varying "a"s and "b"s. I am unable to do it, as I am not
able to "multiply" the pulse by the roof function, to get the dimensions I
want. As such, I cannot regurgitate the figure at varying positions.
Would appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.
Prev by Date:
Re: Extracting all the variables from a list of equations?
Next by Date:
Re: Tex conversion
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: problem with nonlinearfit
Next by thread:
ButtonBox and ButtonFuction