Re: ButtonBox and ButtonFuction
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25556] Re: ButtonBox and ButtonFuction
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 03:36:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 6 Oct 2000, Christopher Deacon wrote: > How do I get use the button functions to automatically evaluate a function. > In other words, if > I have a button which says "Click here to evaluate" and f is a function, > what should the ButtonBox function look like? [The Mathematica Book does > not have good examples] Given a ButtonBox, if it is desired that clicking on the button will cause the kernel to evaluate a function f, then the syntax would look like: ButtonBox[ "Click here to evaluate", ButtonEvaluator -> Automatic, ButtonFunction :> f, Active -> True ] For further help, see these notes on button construction. http://library.wolfram.com/conferences/devconf99/hinton/Buttons19991022.nb -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.