Re: ButtonBox and ButtonFuction

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25556] Re: ButtonBox and ButtonFuction
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 03:36:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at
On 6 Oct 2000, Christopher Deacon wrote:

> How do I get use the button functions to automatically evaluate a function.
> In other words, if
> I have a button which says "Click here to evaluate" and f is a function,
> what should the ButtonBox[] function look like? [The Mathematica Book does
> not have good examples]

Given a ButtonBox[], if it is desired that clicking on the button will
cause the kernel to evaluate a function f[], then the syntax would look

 "Click here to evaluate",
 ButtonEvaluator -> Automatic,
 ButtonFunction :> f[],
 Active -> True

For further help, see these notes on button construction.

P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.