tracing lines on surface-graphics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25593] tracing lines on surface-graphics
- From: Alan Wetherby <roommate222 at my-deja.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:43:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi - I can't find an obvious way to trace a line on a surface-graphics object. I've plotted f(x,y) and got the surface I want, and now I want to add a curve, say: x varies according to the plotted range, y=1+x/2, z=f(x,y) --so it lies on the surface I've plotted. I've turned the mesh off because it's too dense, given the number of points I'm plotting, but I want to add a couple of such lines - another option would be to trace every 20th mesh-line or something like that, but that doesn't seem to be possible either. Thanks for any help -- Alan Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.