tracing lines on surface-graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25593] tracing lines on surface-graphics
  • From: Alan Wetherby <roommate222 at my-deja.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:43:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi - I can't find an obvious way to trace a line on a surface-graphics
object. I've plotted f(x,y) and got the surface I want, and now I want
to add a curve, say: x varies according to the plotted range, y=1+x/2,
z=f(x,y) --so it lies on the surface I've plotted. I've turned the mesh
off because it's too dense, given the number of points I'm plotting,
but I want to add a couple of such lines - another option would be to
trace every 20th mesh-line or something like that, but that doesn't
seem to be possible either.

Thanks for any help -- Alan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.