GridLines and DefaultFont

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25635] GridLines and DefaultFont
  • From: Matt.Johnson at autolivasp.com
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 03:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have recently upgraded my OS from Windows 95 to Windows 2000 and have
noticed some wierd behavior:

Plots that looked fine under Windows95 now have dashed vertical gridlines
on windows 2000, but only when specific defaultFonts are specified as and
option.  For example,

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2Pi}, GridLines -> Automatic,
    DefaultFont \[Rule] "Times-Roman"];

gives a plot with the vertical gridlines dashed and no horizontal gridlines, while

Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2Pi}, GridLines -> Automatic,
    DefaultFont \[Rule] "Courier"];

works fine with "good" gridlines.  Even when I explicitly tell Mathematica where to put the GridLines on the wierd plots, i.e. GridLines->{{1,2,3,4,5,6},{-1,
-0.5,0,0.5,1}},
the gridlines are not shown appropriately.

Any help would be appreciated.

-matt