Re: Assumptions i Mathematica...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25715] Re: [mg25660] Assumptions i Mathematica...
- From: BobHanlon at aol.com
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In a message dated 10/18/2000 3:28:51 AM, Whammer.antispam at post9.tele.dk writes: >I'm quite new at this, and I havn't been able to figure out how to tell >Mathematica to assume that a variable, x, is positive. I have a function, >f(x), where I only want to consider positive values of x. I'm using version >3.0. f[x_?Positive] := x^3; Bob Hanlon