Re: Assumptions i Mathematica...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25709] Re: [mg25660] Assumptions i Mathematica...
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

It depends on what use you're going to give the restrictions or
assumptions. If you define a function f[x] you might as well use
conditions:  "lhs := rhs /; test is a definition to be used only if
test yields True" (see the on-line Help Browser under "Condition"). For
example

f[x_]:=  Sin[x]/; x>=0

says that f[x] is defined only for nonnegative x.

Tomas Garza
Mexico City