Re: AxesLabel for ContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25697] Re: AxesLabel for ContourPlot
  • From: Brian Higgins <bghiggins at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Chris,
Evaluate

Options[ContourPlot]

to inspect what the default options are for ContourPlot. You should
see that the option Axes->False. Thus you cannot use AxesLabel
as am option. Since the default option Frame->True, you should
use the option

 FrameLabel->{"xlabel","ylabel"}

You can also set  as options

Axes->True, Frame->False

and then use

AxesLabel->{"xlabel","ylabel"}

Cheers,

Brian

In article <8sjk31$g0d at smc.vnet.net>,
  Christopher Tong <ctong at physics.purdue.edu> wrote:

> 	Anybody know how to make ContourPlot show an
> AxesLabel?  I can't get it to do so even when I
> include the AxesLabel->{"x","y"} option.  It also
> doesn't work when I use Show to display a contour plot.
> I am using Mathematica 4.0.2.0 on a PC.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/