- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25681] Solve...
- From: Anesh Sooklal <anesh at fermi.udw.ac.za>
- Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have been trying to solve the following equation using Solve,
When I type in the following line I get a message saying that an illegal
operation has been performed.
f[w_]: = 1./(w^2) + (.9/30.)/(w - 2. Sqrt[200./10.]k)^2 - 1.-
(3./30.)/( Sqrt[200./10.]k^2 )
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. My aim is to generate a set a
roots,w , which is a function of k.
Thanking you in advance
Dept. of Physics
University of Durban-Westville
Tel: (031) 204 4991
email: anesh at fermi.udw.ac.za
Physics Homepage: http://fermi.udw.ac.za
Plasma Physics Homepage: http://plasma.udw.ac.za
Prev by Date:
RE: Bugs in Abs and Sign !?
Next by Date:
Re: Bugs in Abs and Sign !?
Previous by thread:
Re: Contexts and Naming of Things
Next by thread: