RE: machine size real number

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25702] RE: [mg25675] machine size real number
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:35:27 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Tom,

You got the message because Sin[x] was not a machine size real number at the
point where Plot was trying to evaluate it. It would be much more helpful if
you had supplied us with the Plot statement you used, and not just the
message. Most likely, you used a different iterator variable than x.
Therefore Sin[x] could not be evaluated to a number because x remained as a
symbol.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/