Is it possible to plot a point a time on the same graph in Mathematica?

Dear Sir:

I have a lot of points endlessly generated by the
Mathematica 4.0 which needed to be ploted.

At first I send the points to an List, then use ListPlot to
plot them.

But I found it need too much time to get the result picture.

Is it possible to plot a point a time on the same graph in
Mathematica so that I can watch the progress instead of
keeping on waiting.

Henry Shaw