- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24995] Re: [mg24970] normalising...
- From: BobHanlon at aol.com
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 01:09:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In a message dated 8/28/2000 8:35:22 AM, anesh at fermi.udw.ac.za writes: >Suppose i have the following function, >f[w_] : = w - W >where W is some constant. >Is it possible to get a normalised function f/W in terms of w/W? > f[w_] := w - W; g[x_] := Evaluate[f[w]/W /. w -> x*W // Simplify]; ?g "Global`g" g[x_] := -1 + x Bob Hanlon