- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24996] HTML Import?
- From: "Frank J. Iannarilli" <franki at aerodyne.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 01:09:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Is there some clever way to import at least a basic subset of HTML into into a Mathematica notebook? Does Wolfram Research intend to add such capability to the Import function anytime soon (e.g., as a version 4.x enhancement)? My motivation, BTW, is to convert some MSWord documents, by way of HTML, into notebooks. I consider the ascii/unicode notebook format to be a durable archival format for my important working docs. Why not stop at HTML? I want "live", not "dead" documents, i.e. the ability to compute math and graphics therein alongside the dead text. Regards, Frank J. Iannarilli, franki at aerodyne.com Aerodyne Research, Inc., 45 Manning Road, Billerica, MA 01821 USA www.aerodyne.com/cosr.html