HTML Import?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24996] HTML Import?
  • From: "Frank J. Iannarilli" <franki at>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 01:09:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Is there some clever way to import at least a basic subset of HTML into
into a Mathematica notebook?  Does Wolfram Research intend to add such
capability to the Import[] function anytime soon (e.g., as a version 4.x

My motivation, BTW, is to convert some MSWord documents, by way of HTML,
into notebooks.  I consider the ascii/unicode notebook format to be a
durable archival format for my important working docs.  Why not stop at
HTML?  I want "live", not "dead" documents, i.e. the ability to compute
math and graphics therein alongside the dead text.

Frank J. Iannarilli, franki at
Aerodyne Research, Inc., 45 Manning Road, Billerica, MA 01821 USA