NonlinearRegression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25081] NonlinearRegression
  • From: David Pires <l45337 at alfa.ist.utl.pt>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:28:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to fit my data with a function such as:
f(x)=Sqrt(a-b*x), where a and b are the parameters I want to adjust and x
is the variable. The problem is that there is only a given range of x for
that f(x) has real values. When I use the NonlinearRegression (or
NonlinearFit) command, Mathematica gives error messages and aborts the
fitting process.

I'd like to know if someone knows how to set the range of x when using
that command.
Thanks.