- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25081] NonlinearRegression
- From: David Pires <l45337 at alfa.ist.utl.pt>
- Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:28:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universidade Tecnica de Lisboa
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I want to fit my data with a function such as: f(x)=Sqrt(a-b*x), where a and b are the parameters I want to adjust and x is the variable. The problem is that there is only a given range of x for that f(x) has real values. When I use the NonlinearRegression (or NonlinearFit) command, Mathematica gives error messages and aborts the fitting process. I'd like to know if someone knows how to set the range of x when using that command. Thanks.