Re: Exporting to MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25090] Re: Exporting to MS Word
  • From: "Tom Compton" <comptont at>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 22:28:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I tried what you suggested.  My plots were microscopic.  How
do I get the plots to copy at some reasonable size?

How do I do the PostScript process on a Windows PC?

Is there an FAQ on this?

P.J. Hinton <paulh at> wrote in message
news:8opn7q$2q at
> On 1 Sep 2000 com3 at wrote:
> If Word is the only option available to you, you may want to
> saving to Rich Text Format.  Select the cells in the
notebook and use the
> front end menu command Edit -> Save Selection As -> Rich
> (RTF)...  Because Mathematica uses special fonts, unless
those fonts are
> installed on the user's system, it is very likely that
> typesetting will not look properly on his or her system.
> typesetting is stored internally as metafiles, making them
> If you are concerned about quality of appearance, MathReader
is the best
> option.
> Another alternative is to convert the notebook into a
> PostScript document with a PostScript printer driver and
then use a
> third-party utility for converting the file into Adobe
Portable Document
> Format (PDF).  This will preserve the appearance of the
notebook and make
> it possible for non-Office users to view your work.
> --
> P.J. Hinton
> User Interface Programmer
paulh at
> Wolfram Research, Inc.
> Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the
author alone.