Re: Displaying 3D data as 2D + color ?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg25175] Re: Displaying 3D data as 2D + color ?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 21:24:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

data = Table[{Random[], Random[], Random[]}, {15}];
gr = TriangularSurfacePlot[data, DisplayFunction -> Identity]

Show[gr /. Polygon[pnts_] :> {SurfaceColor[Hue[Plus @@ (Last /@ pnts)]],
        Polygon[pnts]}, DisplayFunction -> $DisplayFunction]

You should scale the Hue[] argument to your scale of the z-axis.