Re: writing mathematica script files for the math kernel under linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25228] Re: writing mathematica script files for the math kernel under linux
  • From: Jos Bergervoet <bergervo at iaehv.iae.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:21:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Phlip <phlip_cpp at my-deja.com> wrote:

> You'l probably be fine with 'mash.c' on your Linux. But I can't
> understand why so powerful and flexible a package should require such
> ridiculous hacks to beat the simple use-case of "scripting" out of it.

But for what exactly do you need mash.c? What is wrong with the
'math < inputfile > outputfile' solution? Until now I was satisfied
with that method to invoke mathematica from within a unix shell
(and with the '!' prefix to invoke the shell from within math) so
you made me curious what I am missing :-)

-- Jos