Re: Point inside a plygon?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25330] Re: [mg25239] Point inside a plygon?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:35:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8q771a$t1n at smc.vnet.net>, Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp> wrote: > on 9/17/00 5:47 PM, Adriano Moreira at adriano at dsi.uminho.pt wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > I need a routine to check if a point is inside or outside a polygon > > (simple polygon non self-intersecting). > > Any help appreciated. > > > > Adriano Moreira This brings back memories, namely that there is a very fast, powerful "point inside polygon?" test that is somehow built into the QuickDraw part of the Mac operating system. Back when it used to be possible to make easy direct calls to the Mac toolbox from MS QuickBasic, this was a very handy and useful capability Possible to somehow call this from Mathematica? (on Macs anway)