RE: matrix indices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg25324] RE: [mg25293] matrix indices
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:35:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Roberto,

This create a monitor notebook and writes the progress statements into it.
When you are finished, use NotebookClose to get rid of the monitor notebook.

monitornb =
    NotebookCreate[WindowSize -> {300, 300},
      WindowMargins -> {{Automatic, 20}, {20, Automatic}},
      WindowTitle -> "Matrix Progress"];
mat = Table[0, {i, 3}, {j, 3}];
Do[
  mat[[i, j]] = i + j;
  NotebookWrite[
    monitornb,
    Cell[BoxData[ToBoxes[SequenceForm["i = ", i, "  ", "j = ", j]]],
      "Output"]
    ],
  {i, 3}, {j, 3}]; mat
{{2, 3, 4}, {3, 4, 5}, {4, 5, 6}}