- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg25423] InequalitySolve?
- From: ravanrip at yahoo.com (Ryan VanRiper (--))
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 01:07:33 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I am attempting some constraint programming with mathematica and need some help. I have a list of inequalties and a list of variables that im interested in solving for. Im using InequalitySolve to do the job and it works great. My question is if by chance a inequality or equation comes into my list which makes the solution unsolvable how could i find the offending equations and later the variables that are causing the constraint search to fail? When i feed some far out values it fails as expected however InequalitySolve returns the value "False" and thats it.. How do i find the offending equations or variables that made my solve fail? Thanks for your ideas Ryan