Re: Compiler for MathLink

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28154] Re: Compiler for MathLink
  • From: Matthias Hertel <wir95cgu at studserv.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 02:18:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

DJGPP 2.x is a port of gcc to DPMI (DOS protected mode interface). No
Windows here, hence no windows.h. A Win32 gcc is part of the Cygwin
package. The target of this compiler is actually cygwin32, which is a
Unix emulation on top of Win32. And there is mingw32, which is
probably more suited to the task, as it is a gcc for Win32 without the
Unix stuff (links against the MSVC runtime DLL that comes with every
version of Windows). I've built Windows programs, "while
(GetMessage(...)) {...}" and all, with mingw32, but I've never tried a
Mathlink program. (Should be no problem, though.)

I've built Mathlink programs with lcc for Win32. Mangling the MSVC
import library for the Mathlink DLL into something lcclnk likes was a
bit of a pain, but it worked.

lcc-generated code isn't exactly screaming fast, even compared to gcc,
so mingw32 might be a better choice.

Download links for the above and a lot more are at

http://www.thefreecountry.com/developercity/ccompilers.shtml

Good luck,
Matthias

"Johannes Ludsteck" <johannes.ludsteck at wiwi.uni-regensburg.de> writes:
[...]
> Knows anyone if there is a free compiler which can be used to
> compile Mathlink programs.
[...]