Re: mathlink compile problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28162] Re: mathlink compile problem
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 02:37:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the syntax for Windows applications is

#if defined(__WIN32__) || defined(WIN32_)
#  if MLVERSION < 3

int PASCAL WinMain(HANDLE hinstCurrent, HANDLE hinstPrevious,
                   LPSTR lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow)

  { char buff[512];
    char FAR *argv[32];
    int argc;

	 if(!MLInitializeIcon(hinstCurrent,nCmdShow)) return 1;
	 argc=MLStringToArgv(lpszCmdLine,buff,argv,32);
	 return MLMain(argc,argv);
  }

#  else

int PASCAL WinMain(HANDLE hinstCurrent, HANDLE hinstPrevious,

		   LPSTR lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow)

  {

    char buff[512];
    char FAR *buff_start=buff;
    char FAR *argv[32];
    char FAR * FAR * argv_end=argv+32;

    if(!MLInitializeIcon(hinstCurrent,nCmdShow)) return 1;
    MLScanString(argv,&argv_end,&lpszCmdLine,&buff_start);
    return MLMain(argv_end-argv,argv);
  }

#  endif

#else

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

  return MLMain(argc,argv);
 }

#endif

Microsoft has removed the good old main() function, and
only console programs have a main() and commandline arguments.
GUI programs *must* call WinMain().

Regards
  Jens