Re: norm symbol

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg28214] Re: norm symbol
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 03:00:28 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Stephen,
Or use the double braketting bars

Cell[TextData[{
  "This is a scalable norm constructed using the \"esc l || \
esc\",(RightDoubleBracketingBar), and \"esc r || esc\" \
(DoubleBracketingBarcharacters) on the Basic Typesetting \
pallette ",
  Cell[BoxData[
      FormBox[
        RowBox[{"\[LeftDoubleBracketingBar]",
          StyleBox[
            FractionBox[
              StyleBox[
                RowBox[{"LARGE", " ", "NUMERATOR"}],
                FontSize->36],
              StyleBox[
                RowBox[{"LARGE", " ", "DENOMINATOR"}],
                FontSize->36]],
            FontSize->36], "\[RightDoubleBracketingBar]"}],
        TraditionalForm]]]
}], "Text"]

--
Allan