NumberForm does not do, please help

Hi,

I just cannot get Mathematica to work out this problem.

I would like to save an InputForm of a Graphics3D object, where every number
would be written in max n digits. I used

NumberForm[InputForm[graphics],5]

like LiveGraphics3D documentation notes.

But it does NOT work.

My goal is to write those lines

Graphics3D[{ (* ...primitives and directives... *) },  BoxRatios->{1,4,9} (*
...options... *)]

into an ascii file with max n digits.

I know there's a solution more elegant to make such files than the one in
documentation, so please help.

Thank you,

Borut LEVart,

a physics student