Regressions and the Mathematica buttons

Hi, I am running Mathematica 4.0 for Students and I was just wondering if
anyone could tell me how to do a regression given a list of data to generate
a sinusodal (or for that matter, any type of) function - i.e., how can I get
it to make a best fit graph given a set of data? Also, I made my Mathematica
button (the one with all the quick access to the functions) disappear, can
anyone tell me how to get it back?

Thanks in advance,
Ian Fan