How to write a package?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30226] How to write a package?
- From: "Oliver Friedrich" <oliver.friedrich at tz-mikroelektronik.de>
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 00:55:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hallo NG, I'm running Mathematica 3.0 on NT4.0 I wrote a package using the Collatz example in the Mathematica book chapter 2.6.10 as a template. I did it the following way. 1. Writing the expressions in one cell in a untitled notebook. 2. Switched that cell to be initialization cell. 3. Saved special as package format with name package.m (If I didn't switch to initialization, Mathematica wrapped two (* *) around the whole expressions. As far as I see, everything works fine. But is this the common way to write packages? To me the procedure is a bit strange, although it works. Any opinions? Oliver Friedrich