How to write a package?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30226] How to write a package?
- From: "Oliver Friedrich" <oliver.friedrich at tz-mikroelektronik.de>
- Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 00:55:57 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm running Mathematica 3.0 on NT4.0
I wrote a package using the Collatz example in the Mathematica book chapter
2.6.10 as a template.
I did it the following way.
1. Writing the expressions in one cell in a untitled notebook.
2. Switched that cell to be initialization cell.
3. Saved special as package format with name package.m (If I didn't switch
to initialization, Mathematica wrapped two (* *) around the whole
As far as I see, everything works fine. But is this the common way to write
packages? To me the procedure is a bit strange, although it works. Any
Prev by Date:
Re: How Do I Solve This System of 6 Inequalities?
Next by Date:
Re: Pattern matching "on the fly"
Previous by thread:
Re: matrix columns
Next by thread:
Re: How to write a package?