Inserting Text Lines into GraphicsArray?

Any simple way to insert lines of text between rows in a GraphicsArray?

(Objective is to put title lines above rows, or text labels like "(a)",
"(b)", "(c)" underneath rows.  I suppose I could generate a wide graphic
with nothing but the text in it, and a small AspectRatio, and insert it
as an additional row; but might there be an easier way?)