Re: Notebook Filename

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg30329] Re: [mg30312] Notebook Filename
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:39:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

If you only want the name of the window title (which seems to be the
case) you can simply evaluate:

"WindowTitle" /. NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook[]]
(this does not work in Mathematica 3.0)

If you want the actual file name (including full path):

ToFileName["FileName" /. NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook[]]]

This of course will not work if your notebook has not been saved.

Andrzej Kozlowski
Toyama International University