Pentium 3 versus Pentium, also memory, bus speeds

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30406] Pentium 3 versus Pentium, also memory, bus speeds
  • From: Bill Martin <bmartin at pimacc.pima.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:09:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

                                     HELP!!!   (Anyone)

     Is the Pentium worth the extra $200? I use Mathematica to do number
Theory e.g Primes, factoring.

     Also what about speeds other than main processor e. g.  a) SD Ram b)
Bus c) Memory

     I know little about hardware as you can probably tell! Mathematica in
Illinois was not that helpful.
            Thanks,
             Bill Martin
             Math Faculty Member