Re: Encoded Mathematica Files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30484] Re: [mg30463] Encoded Mathematica Files
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:15:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, khufu wrote: > I've inherited some saved bits of Mathematica code that the author has > saved in Mathematica Encoded format. I've managed to load in > (<<encodedfile) and display (!!encodedfile) but despite my ample > reading of the help and documentation I can't seem to figure out how > to save or view these encoded files in unencoded format so I can read > what the hell they do! Could someone toss me a hint? The reference guide entry for Encode: http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/RefGuide/Encode.html states that: | No function is provided in Mathematica to convert encoded files back to | their original form. This function, along with the ReadProtected attribute, is provided as a means for package authors to prevent others from viewing their source code. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.