Re: Re: Encoded Mathematica Files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg30504] Re: [mg30471] Re: Encoded Mathematica Files
- From: Chris Purcell (@ home) <purcell at drea.dnd.ca>
- Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 04:06:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Thursday, August 23, 2001, at 03:15 AM, Jens-Peer Kuska wrote: Hi, the reason to encode a Mathematica package *is* to hide the implementation ! It is done, if the author of the code don't like to show you how clever he is. Many programmer don't like to give the source code away. Encoding is the only possibility to hide the source for the case of a Mathematica package... DumpSave offers another possibility, which produces a binary distribution medium for package developers.