Geometry Utility, drawing technique

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg30555] Geometry Utility, drawing technique
  • From: Matthias.Bode at
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:39:59 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear Colleagues,

my son is doing elementary geometry (compasses and straightedge/ruler) at
school. To get a nice drawing of a construction I determine the analytical
solutions for the points of intersection or radii and I draw lines and
circles using Show[Graphics[{...}]]. That is tiresome and he loses interest
whilst I run out of patience, and even the most rudimentary "general"
programme I could contrive would not be ready before the subject is over in

Hence: Is there a readily manageable utility or technique you know of to
produce clean construction drawings?

Best regards,

Matthias Bode
Sal. Oppenheim jr. & Cie. KGaA