Re: Is there a faster way?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg30593] Re: [mg30552] Is there a faster way?
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:51:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Looks like a big problem. It would be interesting to know where you find the
slowness: is it in the importing operation, or in the actual calculation? I
guess it is in the import, in which case you might rearrange your data so as
to have a single (or just a few) importing process, even if that leaves you
with a huge array to work with. Another possibility (and I'm just talking
through my hat) would be to have your files in Mathematica format previously
Put (>>) there, so that instead of using Import you use Get (<<), which is
much faster. Unless, of course, these files have to be externally changed
often, in which case I don't know what can be done....

Tomas Garza
Mexico City