Re: How do I script the evaluation of a Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg30532] Re: How do I script the evaluation of a Notebook
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 04:54:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You need the FrontEnd Token, "EvaluateNotebook":

nbe =
Notebook[{Cell["2+3", "Input"] },
    WindowTitle -> "temp"

nbo = NotebookPut[nbe];

For more on FrontEnd tokens see "The Beginner's Guide to Mathematica Version
4, by  Jerry Glynn and Theodore Gray.

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK