Matrix of possible combinations of N elements
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31830] Matrix of possible combinations of N elements
- From: "Per Schjetne" <per.schjetne at dmhuset.no>
- Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:51:59 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have N elements and want to make a matrix of all possible combinations.
A, B, C, D -> 4 elements
Combinations with 2 similar characters are not allowed (AAAA, AABB etc)
So that gives me 4*3*2*1=24 unique combinations
I have no problem writing all the combinations down, but I find it hard to
make a general function/algorithm in VB for generating matrix of any number
I know this is a common problem and instead of using days on this problem I
ask you gurus here!
Prev by Date:
ComplexExpand & ExpIntegralEi
Next by Date:
Fit: how to obtain the parameter values?
Previous by thread:
Re: ComplexExpand & ExpIntegralEi
Next by thread:
Re: Matrix of possible combinations of N elements