Re: can I add fonts to Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31867] Re: [mg31834] can I add fonts to Mathematica
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 05:51:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Ben Jacobson wrote:

> I would like to use the same "Impact" font in Mathematica that I use in
> Word.  I noted that my WINNT/Fonts folder contains an "Impact.TTF" folder,
> and my "Mathematica/4.0/SystemFiles/Fonts/Windows" folder also contains a
> bunch of .ttf files, so I tried just copying the file over.  Of course it
> didn't work.  Any suggestions?  Is it possible to make regular Windows
> fonts available to Mathematica?  Thanks.

Fonts available to your operating system should be available in
Mathematica.  If you don't see the font family name on the Format -> Fonts
submenu, try summoning the font chooser dialog by clicking on the menu
command Format -> Choose Font...

Keep in mind that if you wish to share this notebook with others or
transfer it to other machines, using a large variety of unusual fonts may
not be desirable.  If the fonts you specify are not also present on the
user's system, some text may be displayed using some default substitute.

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.