reading data files

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg31880] reading data files
  • From: Christophe Le Poncin-Lafitte <christophe.leponcin-lafitte at>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 06:07:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Sorry for my very poor english !
I want to realize an input file for a Mathematica program, which has the form :

For this time, I use an input file like :
In reality, the input file contains 35 data files, and 92 parameters.
But, when a person want to read or modify the input file, he doesn't
know which parameter he changes ! This is only a list of number and
string !

So, how to import in Mathematica the lign, datafile1="toto.dat" or
parameter1=10, and keep only the information "toto.dat" or 10 in a
variable of the main program.

Anybody knows how to do ?

Thanks a lot.

Christophe Le Poncin-Lafitte