Very simple limit, why doesn't it evaluate?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg31909] Very simple limit, why doesn't it evaluate?
- From: "Jacek Dziedzic" <dust-NOSPAM- at tenbit.pl>
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 01:33:46 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
It stunned me that the Mathematica 3.0 returns this very simple limit unevaluated: 4^(n+3)/(3^(n+4)-5), with n -> infinity. Moreover, the NLimit function returns 1.0756... which is a rather poor approximation of infinity (the expected result)... Well I can understand that NLimit is numerical and can't be relied on, but why does the original Limit die on that? Or am I doing anything wrong? - Jacek Dziedzic