  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg31922] spherical trigonometry question
  • From: "R. van Laake" <~raymond at vezass.nl>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 04:14:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

Who can help me with the following two formulae:

I am in an airplane, my position (Latitude/Longitude) is FromLat / FromLon.
I have to go to an airport positioned ToLat / ToLon.

1: What is the distance between FromLat / FromLon and ToLat / ToLon?
2: What direction must I take?

Thanks,

Raymond van Laake
raymond at vezass.nl