no math font in exporting plots to .eps files

I am frustrated at manipulating figure plots in the Notebook of
Mathematica:

An easy thing such as making the axes labels to appear under the middle
point of x-axis and left to y-axis in 2D
plot appeared to be a daunting job for a beginner like me.  No
mentioning that I still want more than that: have
curly fonts and the text scales as the plot stretched. Plus, the
"lumbda" in my plot is translated into "l" when
displayed to eps file...  I am frustrated...

Frank