Re: NDSolve-memory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32040] Re: NDSolve-memory
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 03:42:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

my package with Runge-Kutta solvers

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/visualsupp/RungeKuttaNDSolve.m

has a RKReturn option. With RKReturn->RKEndPoint no interpolation is
generated
and only the end point is returned. If you set RKReturn->
RKInterpolation an
interpolation function is generated.RKReturn->RKPoincareSection make a
Poincare section on the hypersurface that is given by PSHyperplane
option.

The solvers expect a system of first order equations. The equations must
be
autonom. The Runge-Kutta methods are for non-stiff and middle-stiff
problems.
With the Method option you can select methods of order 3-8 and atleast
the
higher order metthods should work with middle stiff problems.

The RKReturn->RKEndPoint option should solve your problem.

Regards
  Jens