Text Wrapping

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32099] Text Wrapping
  • From: bghiggins at ucdavis.edu (Brian Higgins)
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:32:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am interested in using GridBoxes to generate some output  that will
wrap in the notebook window. Here is a simple example using numbers

CellPrint[Cell[BoxData[GridBox[Table[Random[], {2}, {10}]]],
"Output"]]

The output is a "table" consisting of two rows and 10 columns.
Obviously you can scroll to see all the entries, but I would like the
output to wrap in the browser window because in my application(see
below) the number of columns will be  large(>1000).  Is there some
option I can specify for GridBoxes, Cell?

In my application the actual  grid structure I want to generate is a
DNA sequence of paired bases that can be graphically represented as
follows

CellPrint[
  Cell[RowBox[{GridBox[{Characters["atcgt"], Table["|", {5}],
            Characters["tagca"]}, GridBaseline -> Bottom]}],
"Output"]]

Any thoughts how this can be done?

Brian