Front end problems!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg32118] Front end problems!
  • From: "A.K." <koru at coe.neu.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:34:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all,

I have been using mathematica for years now. I intensely use versions 3 and
4. While using mathematica I've encountered a mysterious problem -mysterious
to me at least- that's been recurring independent of the version.
 Whenever I use the notebook, after a certain time and effort of programming
with correct intermediate results, I start getting peculiar outputs
following some more additional programming. At this point of course I start
deleting any additional material to be able to go back to the closest
functioning state. Alas, I end up finding this state corrupted, and get
truly odd outputs.

This problem usually occurs after pasting some part of another previously
used  program. A while back I was advised to open the notebook in another
editor and delete or add a line or two. But this remedy doesn't work either.
Hence, I end up rewriting the code.

My major question is that, is there any other individual suffering from this
type of phenomena or are these only my omens?

And also are there any patches, service packs or  upgrades etc. that I'm
missing maybe? Such tools would be useful in either of the two versions that
run on NT 4.0.

Best Regards.

Aybek Korugan