RE: RE: Saving notebooks without graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27049] RE: [mg27014] RE: [mg26977] Saving notebooks without graphics
  • From: "Gavin Scott" <gavin at allegro.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 03:00:37 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David writes:
> Use the Menu item Kernel/Delete All Output. This gets rid of all output
> cells including graphics cells.

Until I tried this command recently I had just assumed that because it was
on the Kernel menu that what it would do would be to erase the Out (and
possibly In) object in the Kernel in order to free up Kernel memory.

Of course what it actually does it to leave the Kernel untouched and to
delete the output cells in the current notebook.

I can see arguments for putting this command on any of the Edit, Cell,
Format, or Input menus, but given it's function I'm wondering why it's
located where it is, since I would expect things on the Kernel menu to have
some effect on the Kernel.

G.