Re: assigning parameters from a matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27142] Re: [mg27067] assigning parameters from a matrix
  • From: Tomas Garza <tgarza01 at prodigy.net.mx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 02:12:47 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I wonder if I got your problem all right. Let your matrix with the different
sets of parameters be mat:

In[1]:=
mat = {{1, 2, 3}, {3, 2, 1}, {3, 1, 2}, {2, 1, 3}}
Out[1]=
{{1, 2, 3}, {3, 2, 1}, {3, 1, 2}, {2, 1, 3}}

Define your function, say f, writing the 3 parameters in a list and the
other variables as usual. For example, suppose

In[2]:=
f[{a_, b_, c_}, x_, y_, z_] := a x + b y + c z

Then the following gives you all the combinations of parameter values into
your function:

In[3]:=
f[#] & /@ mat
Out[3]=
{x + 2 y + 3 z, 3 x + 2 y + z, 3 x + y + 2 z, 2 x + y + 3 z}

Tomas Garza
Mexico City