Linux+Mathematica+Lithuanian.kbd

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg27148] Linux+Mathematica+Lithuanian.kbd
  • From: "Arturas Acus" <acus at itpa.lt>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 04:40:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Group,

Few days I unsuccesfully try to use lithuanian
keyboard in Mathematica under Madrake 7.2 box.
Here we use ISO8859-13 encoding for Linux.
Unfortunatelly just after setting XkbLayout="lt_b"
(no keyboard swich!) I am unable to use Shift+Enter
shortcut to send expression for evaluation (menu
 Kernel/Evaluation/Evaluate Next Input works ok).
Mathematica just beeps.
I expected that Mathematica will not let me to input
lithuanian letters AFTER switching to lt layout,
because there  is no ISO8859-13.m file.

But why it refuses to interpret Shift+Enter before
swiching to lt keyboard?

Related question. How I can make ISO8859-13.m?
I quess that this file maps 8bit ASCII codes to
unicode.
Windows users do not have this problem, because
cp1257 code page is supported by Mathematica.
Other X programs like Nirvana editor (nedit)
works as expected after keyboard switch.

I have put configuration (and encoding) files to
http://www.itpa.lt/baryon/help.tar.gz

If somebody could take a look I would be extremely
thankfull.

Please answer also to acus at itpa.lt
If I missed other relevant configuration files
please let me know.

Sincerely, Aruras

Dr. Arturas Acus
Institute of Theoretical